Sunday, March 21, 2010

Anything Milano


Adding a new recipe. I got the basis for it from Allrecipes but I just can't stick 100% to any recipe...gotta make it better. It's my rebellious side coming out!


I used shrimp instead of the chicken they used in the recipe. Honestly, this could be a vegetarian recipe and still be fabulous.


Anything Milano


4 servings


Sauce:

1 tbsp butter

2 cloves of garlic minced

1/2 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes

1 cup chicken broth (vegetable for vegetarian)

1 1/4 heavy cream


Cook garlic in tablespoon of butter for about 30 seconds and then add sun dried tomatoes, chicken broth, and heavy cream. Cook on low for about 10 minutes until it thickens. I think I let mine simmer too long....I would have preferred more creamy sauce.


1 lb chicken or shrimp


Cook until fully cooked. I broiled the shrimp in the oven so the extra moisture would drip into the pan.


6 oz fettucini or other form of pasta


8 oz according to recipe but I never measure. You probably want about 3 cups of pasta fully cooked....told you I don't follow directions so I don't know for sure!! Cook pasta to your liking.


Mix meat, pasta and sauce together and sprinkle with salt and pepper, freshly grated parmesan cheese and fresh basil or dried basil (I used about 3/4 of a teaspoon)
Enjoy!








1 comment:

  1. Looks awesome Connie! Your food is always so good. I love food blogs and it looks like you have a lot of great recipes. I can't wait to try some. Although, I'm on MedaFast right now, probably shouldn't be looking on here...too tempting!
    Jessica Hartwick

    ReplyDelete