Thursday, July 2, 2009

and now for the recipe..................

I came across a killer recipe on a scrapbooking site! If you like poppers....those little fried jalapeno peppers filled with cream cheese. Well, this recipe is a twist on that little tasty appetizer. The recipe I used came from Allrecipes so I can't take claim from such an ingenious idea. Enjoy!



Jalapeno Popper Spread



2- 8oz cream cheese

1 cup mayonnaise

1 (4oz) can chopped green chilis, drained

2 oz canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained

1 c grated parmesan cheese



optional add ins: shredded mexican flavored cheese, top with crushed crackers



Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise into large bowl. Stir in green chilis and jalapeno peppers. Pour mixture into a microwave safe serving dish and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.



microwave on high until hot, about 3 minutes.



I added finely shredded mexican cheese and I also read of someone topping it with crushed cracker crumbs which would be more like the poppers you buy or eat for appetizers in restaurants. I served them with the chips pictured. I also could not buy chopped jalapeno peppers so I bought the ones that are pickled with carrots and onions. I used the whole can and it was a bit too much heat for my whimpy tastebuds so use as many peppers as you would like according to taste. This is an outstanding recipe that I had never tasted before.

No comments:

Post a Comment